By Jessica Lee
Have you ever heard in regards to the restaurant Sqirl in LA? I’ve by no means been, nevertheless it’s a kind of spots that you simply hear about far and wide — in food-centric magazines, on Instagram, from that one trendy buddy who got here again from a trip in sunny California. The proprietor, Jessica Koslow, is a kind of badass ladies who labored onerous to pursue her dream of proudly owning a restaurant, aka she’s sort of my hero.
So after scooping up her cookbook, The whole lot I Need To Eat, final week, I knew I wanted to recreate one in all her recipes for you guys. This Kale Rice Bowl is essentially the most scrumptious bowl of well being. I swapped out a poached egg for a hard-boiled egg as a result of I had some available, however a poached egg or fried egg would even be actually scrumptious right here. And don’t skimp on the recent dill!
Kale Rice Bowl
Tailored from The whole lot I Need To Eat
Makes two servings
1 cup brown rice
1 cup kale leaves (ribs eliminated)
¼ cup olive oil
Freshly floor black pepper
2 massive eggs, hard-boiled
2 radishes, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons recent lemon juice, divided
1 tablespoon chopped recent dill, plus extra for serving
2 oz. feta, ideally sheep’s milk, crumbled
- Prepare dinner rice and let cool. I cooked mine in my On the spot Pot, however I’ve additionally had success making it this manner.
- Purée kale, oil, and 1 tbsp. water in a meals processor till easy; season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Toss radish with 1 tbsp. lemon juice in a small bowl; season with kosher salt.
- Toss rice, 1 tbsp. dill, remaining 1 tbsp. lemon juice, and ⅓ cup kale purée in a medium bowl; season with kosher salt and pepper and blend in additional kale purée, as desired.
- Serve kale rice topped with hard-boiled eggs, radish, feta, scorching sauce, extra dill, and sea salt.
Take pleasure in – and tell us what you assume!